Sacred Seven was a henshin hero anime from Sunrise which had the unfortunate timing to air while Tiger & Bunny was still going. It fell through the cracks, and while legal streams were available, it never got a US home video release before now. Sentai Filmworks has teamed up with Sunrise to license several anime titles, Sacred Seven the most exciting among them.
The other titles have been released in the US before, but this might be a good chance to snag titles that most of us thought would never be given a second chance, including a load of mecha stuff (it is Sunrise, after all). Hopefully preorders materialize soon!
- Brain Powered
- Betterman (everyone’s second favorite GaoGaiGar spinoff)
- Z-MIND (holy cow, they remembered it!)
- Argento Soma
- Zega Pain
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Space
- Infinite Ryvius
- Kurokami: The Animation (meh…)
- s-CRY-ed (yes)
- The Big O (both seasons, it’s showtime!)
- Overman King Gainer (hell yes)
While we’re on the topic of anime that Bandai Entertainment brought to the US and are now out of print, Funimation’s announced the following rescues:
- Cowboy Bebop (it was only a matter of time there…)
- Outlaw Star and its spinoff Angel Links
- My Hime and My Otome
- Code Geass and its sequels
- Crest of the Stars and its sequels
- Escaflowne (show and movie)
- Tales of the Abyss
- Witch Hunter Robin (groan…)
I really wonder how well they expect some of these to sell the second or third time around.