With Halloween and work-related shenanigans this weekend, we’re posting the news recap a little early:
- We’ve got our first look at Macross Delta! Seems stylistically like a natural progression from Macross Frontier. The franchise has always adapted to be indicative of anime at the time, so I figured it’d either be about a girl group or a hot-blooded bombastic piece a la Kill La Kill or Redline…. well, the more obvious selection happened.
- RIP Yoshinori Orai. His art on movie posters, novel covers, video games, and manga during the 80s and 90s is astounding, usually elevating the source material, and his Heisei Godzilla work particularly had a big impact on my young imagination.
- Higanjima author Koji Matsumoto is doing some illustrations for Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain, to be published in Young Jump on November 2nd. Because, you know, vampires.
- Kaijumax has been renewed for a second “season” (set of 6 issues). That comic is great, so if you’re a kaiju fan who hasn’t checked it out, now’s the time!
- The first footage is out for Netflix’s original Kong – King of the Apes animated series.
- Some proof of concept footage from the proposed live-action American remake of Ninja Scroll. I dunno, I’d sort of just prefer one of the live-action Futaro Yamada adaptations.
- The “Sound of Tiger & Bunny Orchestral Concert” is getting a Blu-ray release, including the 18-minute new anime short. I’d be surprised if Viz picks this up, but here’s hoping for at least a fansub!
- Amiami has a gallery of cool new stuff from the latest Tamashii Nations event:
- Also, the Kaiju Remix Dada figure is up for preorder, and it is glorious: