Just a small batch of neat stuff for this week’s recap. As always, please leave a comment if there’s something we missed!
- The Godzilla statue in Hibiya has been taken down, to be moved to the basement of a nearby building. The buzz is that it’ll be replaced by a bigger statue, but since the current one has been there for two decades it feels like the end of an era. Of course, you could always buy your own…
- There’s a new collaboration between Godzilla and Sanrio, as a series of adorable illustrations. If you don’t want to see Godzilla wearing a hair bow, you might not like these, but we want to collect them all.
- The US release of the 2017 Godzilla MonsterArts has been cancelled due to licensing issues, so make your way over to Amiami, HLJ, Hobby Search, etc for an import. Also, Neca won’t be making a figure of it any time soon.
- Speaking of replacing statues, the Unicorn Gundam that replaces the classic one at Gundam Front is a transforming one, due to go on full display at the end of the month:
- The latest trailer for Mazinger Z Infinity looks genuinely awesome. Ichiro Mizuki is back again for the theme song!
- Ginguiser and Machine Blaster are getting the moe treatment for a crossover between Miracle Robot Force and Robot Girls Z. It’s only in mobile game form, but I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing that as anime.
- More information has come out about Vanishing Line, including basic plot and characters. We already knew that this was a TFC/Mappa production, but looking at the main character’s belt, along with hints about his quest to find a certain golden “El Dorado” is certainly raising some questions in the Garo fan community.
- The new No More Heroes game will see Travis traveling between different video game world including Hotline Miami and Shovel Knight. It’ll be interesting to see how the disparate gameplay styles mesh between them!
- Getting Any is getting a snazzy new special edition Blu Ray in from Third Window in the UK.
That’s a wrap for now; seeya next time!