I had to work last weekend, and the one before that was sucked up in podcast editing (*insert self-deprecating joke here*), so there was no regular weekend news recap. Let’s see if we can catch up, shall we?
- Dragonball Super is coming to an end in March, but it’s being replaced by a new Kitaro series!
- A trailer for the Kamen Rider Amazons movie!
- The Video Girl Ai drama is getting some animated sequences, which makes it even more frustrating that it’s not simulcast anywhere.
- It looks like Bandai Premium’s Frankenstein figure is getting a companion: Baragon.
- There are shades of Varan in this Rampage trailer.
- I’m not particularly a fan of the comic I Kill Giants, but the trailer for the movie looks well-executed enough.
- A trailer for the second Monster Hunt movie, out of China. You can watch the first one on Netflix now.
- Marvel’s Future Avengers is getting a second season. I’m sure it will continue to embarrass the shows that Marvel is doing stateside.
- The Slayers novels are getting a sequel after 18 years. It sure would be a great time for someone to license rescue the series!
- Netflix’s Castlevania (which we just talked about on the podcast) is getting a second season this summer.
- The Evangelion-themed high speed train is shutting down. It’s a bummer that it was never on a route I wanted to go.
I think that’s a wrap for now; even being so late, there didn’t seem to be that much news-wise!