November 3rd was Godzilla’s 65th birthday, and it was a wild Godzilla Festival in Tokyo this year.
- The Nijigen no Mori theme park, best known for ziplines and a replica of the village from Naruto, is adding a life-size Shin Godzilla attraction. This looks like a pretty fun day trip for folks staying in the Kansai area, but I don’t know if anything will top Universal’s Godzilla vs Evangelion ride.
- Professional cosplayer Enako got to make gijinka an official part of Godzilla marketing with her “Enagodzilla” exhibit and merchandise.
- I thought Symphogear XD Unlimited couldn’t get any more awesome after that SSSS.Gridman crossover…now it’s got Godzilla showing up in game!
- Several directors got on stage and discussed the movies that they had wanted to make. Bagan never really goes away…
- There’s…whatever this is:
- A Godziban live show:
- Also, Godziban got an English dub, for one episode, at least.
Other neat stuff:
- Artist Ninsai (who many western fans got to meet at G-Fest this year) has a collection of original kaiju illustrations for sale at Tokyo Comic Con.
- Phil Lord is teasing more Toei Spider-man stuff for Into the SpiderVerse 2… time will tell if this is just Twitter nonsense or actually serious.
- Sexy Sentai spoof manga Dokyuu Sentai HxEROS is getting an anime adaptation. It’ll probably go into the somewhat similarly awkward spot as Monster Musume or ToLoveRu for genre fans.
- Mandarake is opening up a Sofubi specialist store. If you have the funds, swing by and pick up one of their ugly original Megagorilla figures.
- We now have a video for the Osomatsu brothers meeting Pennywise as promotion for It Chapter 2.
- A trailer for Dino Girl Gauko:
- Finally, a trailer for the upcoming remake of The Grudge. Or, re-re-remake?
That’s a wrap for this week, until next time!