Here’s episode four of the podcast, dedicated to the movies of Keita Amemiya, his movies and short films (his TV shows and games will be later podcasts… and maybe artbooks, manga, and stage shows, we’ll see). This episode’s topics include:
- The Red Crow and the Ghost Ship (?)
- Genpei Toumaden
- Cyber Ninja
- Mobile Sheriff Jiban the movie
- Shin Kamen Rider, Ultraman vs. Kamen Rider, SD Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider ZO, Kamen Rider J, and Kamen Rider World
- Mechanical Violator Hakaider
- Moon Over Tao
- Tales of Terror From Tokyo the Movie
- Unholy Women
- FX Work: Peacock King, Saga of the Phoenix, Zipang, Gunhed
- Design Work: Ultraman – The Adventure Begins, Lady Battle Cop, Meatball Machine, Skull Soldier, Deep Sea Monster Reigo, Dai Yogen- Fukkatsu no Kyoshin, Juskiss
There’s some popping in the audio early in the episode, but that mercifully goes away after a couple of minutes; not sure what the cause of that was. Also, I had a lapsus linguae at one point and referred to Yuko Moriyama as Yuko Moriya. Oops.
Here are some youtube videos so you can sort of see what we were talking about:
I don’t actually see Amemiya’s name in the SD Kamen Rider credits, so I think imdb might be wrong about this one.
More clips! These are to take a look at some of Amemiya’s effects work.
The Peacock King trailer credits Takashige Ichise, but both Amemiya and Shinji Higuchi were also on effects.